17 May 2008

Where is your favourite book store?

This item caught my eye in my Google news feed, and thought I'd ask readers to give me directions/locations/URLs for book stores that serve crime fiction readers in a similar way. I'll use your contributions as material for a later post.

Kate's Mystery Books receives award from Mystery Writers of America
Cambridge - The Mystery Writers of America presented Kate Mattes and her store, Kate's Mystery Books, with the Raven Award by the Mystery of Writers America on May 1 in New York at the 2008 Edgar banquet.

The Raven is bestowed by MWA's Board of Directors for outstanding achievement in the mystery field outside the realm of creative writing. Mattes was honored with the Raven due to her tireless efforts in advancing the genre of mystery fiction.

In Melbourne friends have introduced me to Kill City, which deals in new and second hand books, crime fiction and thrillers. 119 Swanston St. Melbourne.

3 comments:

sally906 said...

And kill city is where I expect to be introduced myself come August!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, in London UK it is Murder One on Charing Cross Road without a doubt.
But speaking personally, Amazon I am afraid ;-)

Kerrie said...

Thanks for that Maxine - must remember to visit when next in London

I should have remembered Abbey's Bookshop in Sydney too
131 York Street Sydney NSW 2000
http://www.abbeys.com.au/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin