31 October 2010

Sunday salon - 31 October


I have managed this month to cut down the number of blog posts I've published. - only 45 in the 31 days compared with the 70 in the month of September.

I've actually read and reviewed 11 books this month and am well on schedule to finish most of my reading challenges for the year. I've read 107 books for the year, already more than in 2009 when I read 104, and I should make it to 125.

I highly recommend THE NIGHT OF THE MI'RAJ by Zoe Ferraris which I finished reading this week. It's alternative title is FINDING NOUF. I read that as title #17 in the 2010 Global Reading Reading Challenge and I have 4 more to go for that challenge.

After I've done that I have to focus on getting a few more books read for the Canadian Reading Challenge, where I've only read 3 so far, although I actually have until the middle of next year to make it to 13.

Reviews published this week:
  1. 4.4, DISCOUNT NOIR, edited Patricia Abbott & Steve Weddle (30 October) - kindle
  2. 4.8, THE NIGHT OF THE MI'RAJ, Zoe Ferraris (28 October)
  3. 4.3, THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF BEST BRITISH CRIME 7, 2010, edit.Maxim Jakubowski (24 October) - kindle
Other posts this week
News & Headlines
TBRN (To read next)
  • now - ANARCHY AND OLD DOGS, Colin Cotterill
  • next - THE BLOOD DETECTIVE, Dan Waddell
  • next on Kindle - CITY OF VEILS, Zoe Ferraris (Saudi Arabia)
  • now on Audio - THE SKULL BENEATH THE SKIN, PD James
To finish the Global Reading Challenge:
* HAVANA BLACK, Leonardo Padura (Cuba)
* BEAT NOT THE BONES, Charlotte Jay (New Guinea)
* BAIT, Nick Brownlee (Kenya) - Kindle
* ANARCHY AND OLD DOGS, Colin Cotterill (Laos)

3 comments:

Bernadette said...

I used my first foray into Net Galley to help with the Canadian challenge Kerrie - found 2 books there by Canadian women and thought I'd use the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

I just finished The Blood Detective today - short review is good but for the ending.

kathy d. said...

Finished "City of Veils," which is a thought-provoking and well-written book, with much to ponder about women's role and struggle for independence, religion, the criminal justice system--and romance in a complicated social situation.

Cannot wait to read your review of it.

Erotic Horizon said...

Sounds like a good reading month for you and isn't lovely to know that you are on top of the challenge...

Finger cross you getting them wrap up by next month..

E.H>

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin